Position Specific 7v7 (+1) Possession Game
20 x 25 Yards
In the large central zone, we have 3v3 (+1 neutral player). In the side zones, we have wide players (full backs & wideforwards) in 1v1 situations. In the end zones we have a central defender (red 4 and white 5) and in front of them we have the striker (9). The central defender can enter the striker’s zone, but the striker cannot enter his. The striker can only press the central defender from his zone with the objective of preventing/intercepting a pass.
If a team completes 6 passes or keeps possession for 8 seconds they get 1 point. If a team passes the ball through all the grids without losing possession they get 2 points.
1. The central defenders and the side players have 2-3 touches, strikers and the neutral have 1 touch, inside players with unlimited touches.
2. The central defenders and the side players have 2 touches, strikers and the neutral have 1 touch, inside players with 2-3 touches. Objective To develop possession play with high pressure in limited space and time. Coaching Points 1. The inside players need to be constantly thinking of changing the direction of play to the outside zones.
2. The side players (especially) need to check away from their markers before moving to receive the ball as they have limited space to play in.
3. Judging whether to play a pass to feet or into space for your teammate is important in this practice.
4. The side players need to be strong in their 1v1 situations (shield the ball from the opponent).
5. The angles, distances and quick/sharp movements of the support players is key to success in this practice. Progression A progression from '4 Zone Possession Game'
Michail Tsokaktsidis see all >>
UEFA 'A' Coach .
This Drill is Taken From... JOSE MOURINHO ATTACKING SESSIONS
114 Practices From Goal Analysis of Real Madrid’s 4-2-3-1More Info >>